Monday, March 24, 2008

"Because it sells"

The more I go out the more I dislike marketing people, sure they'll say without them nothing will sell, ok they're half right they make shitty things popular but that's not my main gripe.

As I walked in a shoe store I looked at the regular shoe placement, sports shoes, walking shoes, running shoes, etc. then I saw it.... Lifestyle shoes.... here's my gripe;

lifestyle |ˈlīfˌstīl|
noun
the way in which a person or group lives 

The misuse of the term lifestyle and any word used improperly here is what I find annoying and I only have a group of people to blame for this, marketing people. Re-inventing definition of a word to fulfill their marketing pitch at the cost of a clearly defined word. If you think it's bad in an English speaking country try and have a look at places that uses English because "it sounds cool" without a good understanding of it.

No comments: