Sunday, May 31, 2009

of hypes and bandwagons

I was trying to explain about people's habit when it comes to TV shows, movies and games when I realized it went on for far too long and complicated and I realize most people these days haven't the time to read long entries nor have the capacity to do it, and don't feel like writing an essay on it so this is what you'll get instead.

If you watch a series or buy a game because of the hype it simply means the marketing works. If you've never seen or play whatever it is you're avoiding because it's "overhyped" or "everyone's doing it so I won't" you're a bit a retard, WHY? because you don't know what it is (note: this is very different from being disinterested). Before you make a comment about something make sure you know what you're commenting on otherwise you'll look like some stupid tart who never passed 1st grade because you were too busy sniffing glue.


compare these four different answers below and see which one fits you best (all answers are real answers I've heard about one TV show):

1. "I'm not going to watch that show because everyone else is talking about it"
2. "I didn't like that show because the characters are too generic, the story is repetitive with no real direction and I'm generally not amused by it"
3. "I'm just not interested in that kind of thing"
4. "it went on for far too long I just lost interest"

No comments: